Press & Media: Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the best way to contact you for media inquiries?
- If you have a deadline to meet, just call us. However, we generally prefer Email as a contact method, and we respond to all media inquires within a day.
- What makes RSVP-SIS unique in it's field?
- RSVP-SIS has developed formal methods for implementing reusable design patterns, sizing and styling them to meet our customers requirements. We are making many of these patterns available to the Open Source Community, with Open Source Software, Firmware, and Hardware designs.
- Are Licenses required to use RSVP-SIS Intellectual Property?
- RSVP-SIS uses the increasingly popular business model called "Dual Licensing" in which both the open source software distribution mechanism and traditional commercial software distribution models are combined.
- Open Source Projects:
- If you are developing and distributing open source applications licensed under the Creative Commons CC BY-SA 4.0 License terms, as published by the Creative Commons Foundation, and you are free to use the RSVP-SIS software under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license. Please note that requires that all modifications to the original code as well as all Derivative Works must also be released under the same terms.
- Closed Source Projects:
- If you are developing and distributing traditional closed source or commercial applications, you must purchase a RSVP-SIS commercial use license, which is specifically designed for users interested in retaining the proprietary status of their code. All RSVP-SIS commercial licenses expressly supersede the GPLv2 open source license. This means that when you license the RSVP-SIS software under a commercial license, you specifically do not use the software under the open source license and therefore you are not subject to any of its terms.
- Commercial licensing options available on the RSVP-SIS Website here.
Please call, email, or tweet (@PatternAgents) if you have questions, and we will be glad to assist you.