RSVP-SIS Licensing Information
- Are Licenses required to use RSVP-SIS Intellectual Property?
- At the bottom of each Project page will be a section that describes the licensing for that particular project, article, or library. We release most of our basic IP, Libraries, and How-To's under the Creative Commons CC BY-SA 4.0 License terms. We generally release our products for sale under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 License terms. If we have used IP or Code from another orgranization and need to honor their licensing terms, that will also be noted there as well.
- RSVP-SIS products for sale use the increasingly popular business model called "Dual Licensing" in which both the open source software distribution mechanism and traditional commercial software distribution models are combined.
- Open Source Projects:
- If you are developing and distributing non-commercial, open source applications under the Creative Commons CC BY-SA 4.0 License terms, as published by the Creative Commons Foundation, then you are free to use the RSVP-SIS software under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license. Please note that requires that all modifications to the original code as well as all Derivative Works must also be released under the same terms.
- Closed Source Projects:
- If you are developing and distributing traditional closed source or commercial applications, then you must purchase a RSVP-SIS commercial use license, which is specifically designed for users interested in retaining the proprietary status of their code. All RSVP-SIS commercial licenses expressly supersede the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license. This means that when you license the RSVP-SIS software under a commercial license, you specifically do not use the software under the CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 license and therefore you are not subject to any of its terms.
If you would like to use our designs for your own personal or educational use, have at it!
Our public design repository is available at Github.
If you would like to reproduce our products for commercial use, or as products for sale, please contact us to arrange for a Commercial Use license. We have many other designs, as well as options and extras that are not released publicly. We will also customize designs, firmware, and software for a reasonable fee, just contact us to discuss your requirements.
Please call, email, or tweet (@PatternAgents) if you have questions, and we will be glad to assist you.